Monday, March 15, 2010

Old Friends, New Lives

This past weekend I was able to get away for a few nights to Phoenix, Arizona to visit my best friends from law school. Ben stayed with the boys all by himself and did a great job (I never had any doubt!). It was so nice to see all my friends and all the new babies. There is a group of five of us that have been very close since law school ended 9 (gasp!) years ago and we have all been supportive of each other as we started our law careers in different fields, get married and now have babies. Over the years we have tried to take one or two girls trips each year-- San Diego, San Franciso, D.C., Miami and Vegas to name a few trips. Two of the girls just had their second child, and two just had their first and I of course just had my second. It was so wonderful to visit and meet all the babies and see the older kids. Admittedly, times have changed, now our trips are not spent clubbing each night, but rather having dinner and oohing and ahhing over the babies- it is a nice change and so fun to see all these amazing ladies as mommies. I am so lucky to have such strong female friends and cannot wait to see the next batch of ASU law grads grow :)

No comments: