Monday, January 30, 2012

Four Years Ago



This past weekend we celebrated Everett's 4th birthday with a party at the National Zoo. We had family come in for the big party and of course lots of friends attended as well. It was such fun to see Everett so excited for his party and on getting older. When I expressed my sadness in him getting older while putting him to bed, he hugged me and said "mommy, don't be sad, I will always be your baby." This melted my heart. I am so amazed at what a loving, kind and generous little boy he is becoming. Ben and I always say "Everett has such a good heart." I am so proud of him and am so proud to be his mommy. I wish I could keep him little forever, but as I know that is not realistic I will be glad that I get to have him in my life for a short while. Pretty soon Ben and I will not be the most important people in his life, but he will always be the most important person in mine.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Happy Birthday big E!!!