Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feliz Cumpleanos Mimi!


Last night after dinner the boys and I made Mimi a birthday cake to celebrate her 51st birthday! She has so much energy (way more than me!), so it is hard to believe she is in her 50s. The boys were so excited to sing Happy Birthday to Mimi in Spanish when he walked through the door this morning. Mimi is such an amazing person and a trusted member of our family, I am not certain what I would do without her. I guess I will find out this fall when after 18 years Mimi returns to her native Bolivia to be reunited for her family, most notably, her daughter who she has not seen since she left Bolivia so many years ago. There will be a hole in our hearts when she departs, she has been the best thing for our children. Without her they would not be as kind, caring or compassionate and definately not bi-lingual! We love you Mimi!

No comments: